Quantcast

Finding Licence Key

Darrell McDonald
I am currently transferring all my computer records from an older iMac G5
running Leopard to a newly purchased iMac Intel running Snow Leopard.  The
combined change of computer architecture and Operating System is providing
more "Entertainment" than I care for.

In order to use Moneydance on this new iMac I will have to reinstall the
program but I don't know where to find the licence key for the version I
have on the old machine.  That version is Moneydance 2008r4 (640).

The key must be filed somewhere for the program to work. Can anyone tell me
how to retrieve it so that I can move to my new computer?

Darrell McDonald

Re: Finding Licence Key

Andy Pastuszak-2
The license key can be found in your home drive in the file config.dict,
found in the ".moneydance" folder (the folder is hidden).

Open the file and find the property gen.lic_key2004.  That has your
serial number.

Andy

On 12/7/09 11:05 PM, Darrell McDonald wrote:

> I am currently transferring all my computer records from an older iMac G5
> running Leopard to a newly purchased iMac Intel running Snow Leopard.  The
> combined change of computer architecture and Operating System is providing
> more "Entertainment" than I care for.
>
> In order to use Moneydance on this new iMac I will have to reinstall the
> program but I don't know where to find the licence key for the version I
> have on the old machine.  That version is Moneydance 2008r4 (640).
>
> The key must be filed somewhere for the program to work. Can anyone tell me
> how to retrieve it so that I can move to my new computer?
>
> Darrell McDonald

Re: Finding Licence Key

Gordon Alley
Whew! I'm glad I had recorded my old license key in 1Password. :-)

-Gordon

--
Gordon B. Alley
http://www.gordonalley.com

Re: Finding Licence Key

Darrell McDonald
Thanks Andy,
I also had to learn how to reveal the hidden files so this was an education
in using the terminal window as well. I have found the number, will now try
to apply it.

Darrell

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Andy Pastuszak <[hidden email]>wrote:

> The license key can be found in your home drive in the file config.dict,
> found in the ".moneydance" folder (the folder is hidden).
>
> Open the file and find the property gen.lic_key2004.  That has your
> serial number.
>
> Andy
>
> On 12/7/09 11:05 PM, Darrell McDonald wrote:
> > I am currently transferring all my computer records from an older iMac G5
> > running Leopard to a newly purchased iMac Intel running Snow Leopard.
>  The
> > combined change of computer architecture and Operating System is
> providing
> > more "Entertainment" than I care for.
> >
> > In order to use Moneydance on this new iMac I will have to reinstall the
> > program but I don't know where to find the licence key for the version I
> > have on the old machine.  That version is Moneydance 2008r4 (640).
> >
> > The key must be filed somewhere for the program to work. Can anyone tell
> me
> > how to retrieve it so that I can move to my new computer?
> >
> > Darrell McDonald

Re: Finding Licence Key

Vitor Ribeiro
I have found the serial number (still have the mail from BMT Micro with the serial) but Moneydance 2010 does not accept the key at all. It keeps on saying that the key is not valid? Any idea how to fix this?

Vitor Ribeiro

Am 08.12.2009 um 05:10 schrieb Andy Pastuszak:

> The license key can be found in your home drive in the file config.dict,
> found in the ".moneydance" folder (the folder is hidden).
>
> Open the file and find the property gen.lic_key2004.  That has your
> serial number.
>
> Andy
>
> On 12/7/09 11:05 PM, Darrell McDonald wrote:
>> I am currently transferring all my computer records from an older iMac G5
>> running Leopard to a newly purchased iMac Intel running Snow Leopard.  The
>> combined change of computer architecture and Operating System is providing
>> more "Entertainment" than I care for.
>>
>> In order to use Moneydance on this new iMac I will have to reinstall the
>> program but I don't know where to find the licence key for the version I
>> have on the old machine.  That version is Moneydance 2008r4 (640).
>>
>> The key must be filed somewhere for the program to work. Can anyone tell me
>> how to retrieve it so that I can move to my new computer?
>>
>> Darrell McDonald

Re: Finding Licence Key

Gordon Alley
You'll need to purchase a new key for 2010, as this is a paid upgrade. If
you you qualify for a free upgrade (because you purchased MD 2008 since
March 28, 2008), then the MD 2008 key is supposed to work with MD 2010. If
you purchased before then, you should qualify for the $19.99 upgrade. The
information is here:
Moneydance® - Purchase <http://moneydance.com/purchase>

-Gordon

--
Gordon B. Alley
http://www.gordonalley.com
http://facebook.com/gordonalley
http://twitter.com/gordonalley
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gordonalley

Re: Finding Licence Key

Elana Houde
Sean said yesterday to email him if you're having this issue and
participating in the beta test for 2010.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:50 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have found the serial number (still have the mail from BMT Micro with the
> serial) but Moneydance 2010 does not accept the key at all. It keeps on
> saying that the key is not valid? Any idea how to fix this?
>
> Vitor Ribeiro
>
> Am 08.12.2009 um 05:10 schrieb Andy Pastuszak:
>
> > The license key can be found in your home drive in the file config.dict,
> > found in the ".moneydance" folder (the folder is hidden).
> >
> > Open the file and find the property gen.lic_key2004.  That has your
> > serial number.
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > On 12/7/09 11:05 PM, Darrell McDonald wrote:
> >> I am currently transferring all my computer records from an older iMac
> G5
> >> running Leopard to a newly purchased iMac Intel running Snow Leopard.
>  The
> >> combined change of computer architecture and Operating System is
> providing
> >> more "Entertainment" than I care for.
> >>
> >> In order to use Moneydance on this new iMac I will have to reinstall the
> >> program but I don't know where to find the licence key for the version I
> >> have on the old machine.  That version is Moneydance 2008r4 (640).
> >>
> >> The key must be filed somewhere for the program to work. Can anyone tell
> me
> >> how to retrieve it so that I can move to my new computer?
> >>
> >> Darrell McDonald

Elana Houde